Latest Australian scholarships for Students
Institute for Health and Ageing (IHA) PhD Scholarship:
This scholarship is awarded for 3 year period. This includes a tuition fee waiver, a stipend of $26,288 AUS per annum and also $5,000 top up per annum.
Eligibility: The students willing to apply should have an under graduate degree with honours or a masters degree.
The selection is based on academic excellence and also a desire to contribute.
Students will have to study in full time mode and located in Melbourne.
The last date for the application is 30th June-2016.
For more details visit the IHA page.
The A.G. McCready Memorial Scholarship at Univof Queens land.
The scholarship is meant to study at an education institute within queens land. The scholarship is meant for only bachelor degree studies.
More details can be had at the univ of Queens land page.
Scholarships at Univ of Melbourne.
Currently the following scholarships are available.
- A.G WHITLAM GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS.
- GRADUATE MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS
- DEPUTY DEAN AWARDS – SEMESTER II 2016.More details can be had at this link.
Scholarships to encourage and train Maori surgeons:
A scholarship of $ 20,000 for one year is being provided by “The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and health products company Johnson & Johnson Medical” to encourage doctors from Maori to take up training. These doctors should be members of Te Ohu Rata o Aotearoa, the Maori Medical Practitioners Association. For more details visit the ROYAL AUSTRALASIAN COLLEGE OF SURGEONS page.
Australia Endeavor Scholarships:
Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU) in partnership with government of Australia is accepting applications for the scholarships. There are a set of four scholarships aimed to encourage American and Canadian students to perceive post graduate and doctoral studies in Australia. The scholarship covers, travel, study material and other expenses besides monthly stipend to help cover living expenses.
For eligibility and application go to ORAU website.
2016 CBS innovation Scholarship:
For current students Curtin Business school offering scholarship. It’s a merit based scholarship.
The total value of scholarship is $9000.
Eligible courses are
- Bachelor of commerce (business information systems) single major.
- Bachelor of commerce (business information technology) single major.
- Bachelor of commerce (business information systems and technology) doubles major.
- The student must undertake first year of business degree.
- Eligible for a commonwealth supported place.
Last date to apply for this scholarship is May 13 2016.
For more information go to the website
Student Start up scholarship:
From Jan 1 2016 student start up loan has changed to student start up scholarship. The student will receive this scholarship only they received Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship previously.
- The student has previously received student start up or common wealth education scholarship.
- They should not have break in receiving the scholarship.
- Having full time studies.
- They must have 35 days full time studies before and after receiving the scholarship.
Value of the student start up scholarship is $1025.
The student will get the student start up scholarship twice every year.
For more information regarding this scholarship click here
Arjen Ryder Memorial Scholarship:
A single scholarship of $5000 value for an under graduate student to perceive their bachelors. The bachelor program should be in science or philosophy relating to sustainability in agriculture at UWA Albany Centre.
The scholarship application is open from 8th November 2015 to 31st marh-2016.
The award is given based on academic performance.
For more condition and how to apply go here.
Coal science PhD Scholarships:
School of Chemical Engineering,St Lucia, Brisbane is offering PhD scholarships in coal science.
- Candidates should be an undergraduate engineer in chemical ,mechanical or material engineering. Or should have degree with specialization in chemistry or physics.
- Industrial experience in relevant area is preferable.
- Both Australian and international candidates are eligible.
Nature of work:
The students will study the the microstructure of coal during pyrolysis/carbonisation using rheometry and CT Scanning. Will have to understand the micro-structure so as to achieve high strength coal. The work will be in both academic and industrial environment. Even the final findings of study will be evaluated by academic and industrial experts. They are also expected to get their findings Published in peer reviewed journals.
Value of scholarship is AUD 30000 per annum for three years. This free of tax and also with a provision for enhancement based on performance. Additional 6 months extension is possible if needed.
Application deadlines: The Applications closes on E. Australia Standard Time.) To avoid delay apply early.
For more details visit University of Queens land page.
Australian Rotary Health scholarships:
Australian Rotary Health scholarship opened its round 2 application forms.
Round 2 application is for the candidates who wants to undertake their PhD program in health areas includes
2. Chronic kidney disease
4. Epidermolysis Bullosa
7. Genomics and nutrigenomics and its effect on methylation
8. Medical applications of graphene
Value of scholarship:
Value of scholarship is $29000.
Applications opened on 4th September 2015
Closing of Applications on 11th December 2015
Notifications of successful candidates on Jan 2016
1. Full time students who are eligible to undertake PhD from Australian university or research institution.
2. Applicants who are undertaking PhD in early 2016 are eligible for this scholarship.
3. Those applicants who don’t have concurrent scholarship can apply.