The English language is one of the most prominent spoken languages in the world.
The ability to speak in English is an added benefit in education, career, travels, busyness communication, etc.
Some face difficulties in speaking the language due to their lack of knowledge of better English.
While others face the problems due to regional language speaking styles, i.e., in non-English speaking countries.
Because of the thrust on the students during their schooling, many learn to read and write English.
But their ability to speak may not be so fluent and attractive. So one may face a need to improve their spoken English.
How to Speak English Fluently
- Many have problems with vocabulary.
- Vocabulary is the set of words one uses in speaking a language.
- In English, there are many words, and they have different meanings and senses when used.
- So one needs to be careful in using vocabulary to improve their spoken English.
- This is the area where one might face trouble.
- This is seen especially with people of a native language other than English.
- Because of their native language pronunciation, they feel difficult for some words to pronounce as required.
- Fluency is how freely and how fast one uses the proper words required in general communication.
- For those who regularly speak English, this is not a problem. But those who never speak but know the language face some problems in this issue.
- Grammar is a way of how a person should frame a sentence with the proper use of words.
- This can be the biggest problem for the newbies who are trying to learn to speak the English language.
- For them, I advise the use of Grammarly software.
Tips on How to improve spoken English
Try to imitate the best speakers.
- Every one of us learns to speak a particular language by trying to imitate others since our childhood.
- So it is better to choose some good English speakers around us like in the workplace or watching television newsreaders or anchors etc.
- This helps one to easily accustom/ adapt the style for better vocabulary, accent and fluency.
Try to stress the words:
- Some people face it difficult to pronounce some words due to the strong influence of their mother tongue.
- Thus they end up as unclear speakers thinking they might be good at English knowledge.
- So the best way is to write down their mother tongue terms, words, or sentences that seem challenging to spell in a clear English accent and then try to speak out them in their mother tongue accent.
Talk in English
- This is the best tip to improve spoken English.
- Always try to talk in English in your workplace with your colleagues or boss etc.
- This enhances confidence, reduces hesitancy to speak in English, and also it provides a chance to improve your speaking by the above methods.
- If you don’t speak and just read and memorize the above tips, it won’t do any good unless you put it into practice.
- So try to speak in English to your colleagues as much as possible.
For better vocabulary and grammar, keep reading newspapers, journals, etc. Even regular listening to television newsreaders is a good option to improve your spoken English dramatically.
You may even take a coaching session for the purpose if you need further help. Determination and consistent effort can help one improve spoken English.
Leave a comment
i think the best thing you can do for you to improve your english is by reading novels as well as newspapers
i am vijay sahu i want that such get institute which i can job and own imprve speaking english so please guide .