Powerpoint presentation is necessary and the best way to deliver or present your seminar or research study to the audience.
It requires no writing or drawing during the presentation and hence you spend more time in covering the topic and can complete in a faster time than using a chalkboard or interactive boards.
Further, these slides can be made attractive to impress the audience or judges. A seminar is attractive to the audience if presentation gains the first impression.
So power points help you design an attractive and impressive presentation to keep up the attention of listeners for an extended period.
Advantages of powerpoint presentation:
- You can give brief points of your topic for the listeners to see.
- Any image or diagrammatic representations can be shown for better understanding.
- The presentation can be viewed by any number of audiences by using power point with a projector.
- Since writing is not involved in the presentation, it saves time so that a large amount of topic can be covered in short time in an easy manner.
- Even it is easy for the audience to remember the slide numbers where they had a doubt and ask you the doubt by referring to the slide number. This minimizes disturbance in between the presentation.
How to make a power point presentation:
In computers with Windows operating system powerpoint, the presentation is done using Microsoft powerpoint software which comes with Microsoft office suite.
- First, open a new powerpoint file on to the desired disk or desktop, etc. giving it a proper name.
- Then open the file and the first thing is to add a slide by clicking on the center space.
- Then click on the design tab at the top to select a template for your slides. If you are not satisfied with the available list. Then you can browse online for more new templates as per your requirement at
- Once your template is selected, first add a title to the presentation and your or presenter name and others name if any required, the qualification or position in the job, etc.
- Then click on Home tab and you will find a new slide option on the home tab. On clicking it, you will see options of slides like title, blank, picture, for comparison like slides. Mostly you will need a blank, title+ content; pic slides to select for your presentation.
- So start filling your content on the slides with suitable slide selections. In case you need to insert pic, you will use a pic slide and on clicking the pic area, it opens a window to browse for the pic you want to add there.
- You can even try to include animation for picture or diagrams to slide on to the slide during the presentation as required.
- You need not worry to select slides sequentially. After filling the content, you can shift the slides among them for the proper place.
- In the end, conclude your topic with any reference if any and ending with a ‘Thank You.’
- Do not forget to include slide numbers preferably at the bottom.