Scholarships are offered by different countries, universities and also social bodies to promote education. This is aimed at enhancement of international education and also encourage students to take up higher studies like post-graduation, Ph.D. and postdoctoral research.
This scholarship’s played an important role in the education system.
United Kingdom (UK) is one of the important economies providing scholarships for foreign students.
British Cyling Scholarship:
If want to get into coaching check out the scholarship details and apply, applications are open till oct31.The two-year scholarship program will provide 14 scholarships for the eligible candidates.
- The applicant age should be 18 to 30(when the application closes on October 31 2021).
- He/she must be passionate about cycling and already coaching, leading or volunteering.
- Aspiring to become high performing talent.
- Able to give commitment for two years part time learning programme starting in January 2022.
- The candidates be able to travel to opportunities as part of the scolarships and cover assoviated costs.
For more information go to this page.
Two students of Masters of Law will receive a scholarship of $4000 towards the coursework cost.
- The student must be enrolled for Masters of Law.
- He must be an international student.
- The student must enroll in full-time studies.
- The student enrolls for the first year of the LLM.
- He should not receive any other scholarships except this.
Documents to be received in the form of Pdf, Docx, Doc, JPEG, and JPG.
- Undergraduate transcript copy.
- The document which shows your financial situation.
Selection is based on academic merit, financial situation and performance in interview.
The last date to apply for this scholarship is July 25th, 2016.
For more information go to the website
Air Service Training scholarship opportunity:
The Air Service Training Ltd to celebrate its 85th anniversary has offered scholarship opportunity.
Rules for the Competition:
- The applicant must be the native of Scotland.
- The applicant must be between 18 to 24 years of age by October 10th
- From each applicant, only one application is allowed.
- The winner of the competition will receive scholarship only for the licensing program, not for the living expenses.
- The applicant must be medically fit and meet all the requirements of the licensing regulations.
- This competition is for scholarship only no alternative prize is going to present.
- Applicants should have pass Maths, English and Science subject at SCE level.
The University of Hull, Ph.D. scholarships.
The University of Hull is offering a Ph.D. scholarship to work in the area of pharmacology/life sciences. The current work is to engage in research concerned about the mechanisms of lung fibrosis in autoimmunity. The project is aimed at studies of lung fibrosis a condition which leads to respiratory insufficiency and death. The chances of life of the first instance of the symptoms are not more than 4 to 5 years. So the study is aimed to find out the possible causes and any interventions possible in the area of disease.
Ph.D. Scholarship aimed to study; Mechanisms of lung fibrosis in autoimmunity.
The program is meant for UK Students, EU Students, International Students.
University of Hull Merit Scholarship
The University of Hull has announced Merit Scholarship worth of £ 2,000/- for students who have achieved UCAS Tariff points from three A levels.
One need not apply for the scholarship but are automatically considered for the award.
For more details regarding eligibility go to hull university page.
MPhil/Ph.D. Scholarship by University of Greenwich:
Faculty of Engineering and Science, Medway Campus offers Ph.D./MPhil scholarships for UK and EU students. The amount is £14,057 for three years.
1. Be a UK or EU student.
2. Should have a bachelor degree or masters in electronic engineering or physical sciences.
3. Preferably good knowledge and experience in the synthesis and design of microwave filters.
4. Should perceive Ph.D. or M.Phil course on a full-time basis.
Besides this those awarded scholarship will be given tuition fee of £4052.
The starting date is the 22nd of October and the last date for submission is 20th November.
For more details on scholarships and application go here.
Imperial College Business School scholarships
To be eligible one needs to get admission there through regular applications. The selection is done based on academic merit.
UK Govt offers Chevening Scholarships. This Chevening Scholarship is intended to perceive masters and Ph.D. in U.K.
Deadline for submission of application:
Areas of Study:
Areas of study, under the Chevening scholarship, include
- Human Rights and Peacebuilding
- Corporate Governance
- Industry and Energy etc.
- The applicant must be a citizen of Chevening countries.
- They must be able to get a visa and an unconditional offer from UK university.
- The scholarship is for one-year master degree for the students intended to do in any leading UK university.
- They at least know minimum English language.
GV Group offering scholarships:
GV (Gate Ventures) Group CEO offers a scholarship for underprivileged youngsters. The students who are eligible for the scholarship can apply.
Among all the applicants, three students will be getting the scholarship.
1. The student must be a citizen of the United Kingdom.
2. He must be between 18-24 of age and must be going to secondary school or sixth form college.
3. The student must be interested to go to the university in the UK.
How to apply:
You can find the application here.
Commonwealth Split-site (Ph.D.) Scholarships
The UK Department of international development funds a Split-site Ph.D. scholarship. This is meant for the students from Commonwealth countries perceiving Ph.D. programs.
The scholarships help to study at a UK university for a period of 12 months.
To be eligible, one must be
- A citizen of commonwealth country.
- Be resident of a developing commonwealth country.
- Must be registered for a Ph.D. program in a University of the home country.
a) Based on the academic merit of the candidate.
b) Based on the quality of a proposal or project.
c) The potential contribution of the proposal to the candidates home country.
Scholarship from SSE Airtricity:
Here is the good news for the students of Ireland who are stepping into their third level of education. SSE Airtricity is providing scholarships for the students of Northwest and West of Ireland
value of the scholarship £100,000
Who can apply:
The students who want to study any one of the subjects in STEM(Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
Currently, with this program, they are providing 12 scholarships for full-time degrees and master’s degrees also for part-time master degrees.
United Kingdom scholarships include:
- Commonwealth scholarships: This is a set of scholarships offered by commonwealth countries and also the United Kingdom.
United kingdom especially offers a scholarship for master’s study, Ph.D., academic fellowships and also distance learning fellowships.
2. Rhodes scholarships. This is a set of 83 scholarships to perceive post-graduation. This is provided to students of countries like Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, United States, etc.
* Must comply with citizenship requirements as per Oxford University.
* Age limit of more than 18 years to 28 years. But the limit is up to 24 to 25 in most cases.
* Must have completed bachelor’s degree by October with suitably high merit to beat the competition.
The scholarship will be confirmed once the candidate gets admission to one of the departments or faculty of the University of Oxford.
The Rhodes scholarship is given to perceive any full-time postgraduate course at Oxford for a period of two years. If the performance of the candidate is impressive it might be extended to one year to perceive Dphil. But those taking Master of business administration and Masters of Financial Economics are eligible for 2 years.
4. Chevening Scholarships. The Chevening Scholarships are provided by the U.K for students from developing Commonwealth countries. This is intended for perceiving of masters and Ph.D. in the U.K. For more read Chevening scholarships.
5. Gates Cambridge Scholarships. These Scholarships are awarded for graduate studies & research in any of the subjects available at the University of Cambridge. Students from all over the world are welcome to apply for the scholarships.
Transform Together Scholarship:
The Sheffield Hallam University offers to transform together scholarships to those studying at Sheffield Hallam University. This is meant for international students and also non-UK students studying there. There are discounts and scholarships to be awarded. But a student is eligible to receive any one of them.
The discount is at the rate of £1000 for undergraduate and postgraduate students of their tuition fee.
While it is £2,250 for full-time MBA students. While EU students are eligible for 25% of fee waiver.
The scholarships are like 50% tuition fee waiver for undergraduates per year and 100% fee waiver for postgraduates.
Besides one can also avail other fellowships like Chevening Scholarship Scheme, Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme, NCUK Anniversary Scholarships, Tullow Group Scholarship Scheme and for south Asian students GREAT Scholarships, Kapila Hingorani postgraduate scholarships.