To pay attention to details is one of the toughest task in this present life style and development.
We want things to be short and sweet and preferably enjoyable.
Hence we watch movies of 3hr duration without any strain of attention.
But when it comes to pay attention to details in class, at work place, in studies, presentation etc. it is a strenuous task.
Why so, because the mid lacks enjoyment there, feels less important,even if felt important, it is tired off very much to pay attention.
Further the attention depends on senses. Like watching with eyes > Speaking >Hearing with ear > touch.. with descending order of attention.
In general when one is in class or work place, he or she pays attention to first few minutes out of curiosity When he feels that it requires mental analysis or effort to understand or is not interesting, then he loses attention and even if forced to sit and hear, he/ she will dose off into sleep.
But paying attention at work or staying attentive in class is important for career.
How to pay attention:
1. Be fresh and attend after having some food to the class or work place. Paying attention by the brain requires energy.
2. Try to be close to the person giving instruction.
3. Be aware before hand of what is about to be told there i.e at class or work place.
4. Before hand assume or imagine what can be possibly mentioned in class or seminar. This helps you get more interest of what you do not know before hand.
5. If possible take notes of what is being told or record the speech in sound recorder to hear latter if required.
6. If permitted, ask questions in between the class or seminar.
7. Don’t concentrate much on your colleagues or those sitting beside or around except for a cute smile if required.
8. If permitted try to respond to any new questions posed by the instructor in between the class or seminar to the audience.
How to pay attention to studies:
Once a student is about to start his new course or if he has finished the course and must appear for the exam, he needs attention to studies. So the tips include
a. Firstly go through index about all the curriculum or chapters that will be covered in course. This helps you know which ones you are familiar and ones you are new to. This creates curiosity when that chapter is taken up in class.
b. Try to get suitable reference text books for the course or subjects and go through.
c. Refer to previous year question papers for the chapter in the course as this helps you know if you can answer them. Then mind will try to learn them by paying better attention.
d. Use diagrams, figures with proper label where necessary.
e. Take notes in the class.
f. Discuss the subject with friends who better understanding of the subject.
g. Try to figure out any new improvements or ideas you can suggest for the chapter or topic.