10 Examples of Eukaryotic Cells with Pictures
Eukaryotic cells are the one which are advanced forms of cells.
Almost all the animals including humans have eukaryotic cells.
The eukaryotic cells are identified by the presence of a distinct nucleus with the genetic material enclosed inside it.
They also have differences in the process of protein synthesis, RNA structures, etc.
See for more details the differences between prokaryotes and eukaryotes.
Examples of eukaryotic cells include:
1. Animals cells: There are millions of cells in animals, and all of them are eukaryotic.
2. Sperm cells: This is an animal cell and has an unusual structure which helps it swim in the women uterus.
They are responsible for consummation with ova. They are present in male animals.
3. Neurons: These cells help in electrical nerve impulse conduction. They are quite long and branched forming complex networks.
4. Muscle cells: These cells help in the physical movement of the body.
They are also large compared to normal cells.
5. Plant cells: These cells are present in plants and resemble precisely an animal cell with few differences.
See more on the difference between plant and animal cells.
6. Cancer cells: These cells are abnormal animal cells which have profuse multiplication and growth.
7. Stem cells: These cells are germinal cells and are devoid of any physiology. But they can be totipotent to transform into another type of cells based on their requirement in the body.
8. Bone cells: Unlike other animal cells, these are hard cells with prominent calcification. They are made of calcium and phosphorous which give them rigidity.
9. Meristematic cells: These cells are present in the tips or apex regions of plants. They multiply and help in the growth of a plant.
10. Ova: These cells are germ cells with which sperm unite to form a zygote. They are present in female animals.
11. Fungus: These are multi-cellular organisms having cells liked to each other.
12. Protozoans: Protozoa are are single-cell organisms having eukaryotic characters. They perform all their life activities within that single cell. They can also migrate from one place to another and even reproduce using that cell.