Education affects the overall quality of life and social well-being and generates employment opportunities.
It contributes to man in different ways like
- Ability to read and write
- Benefit underprivileged people
- Opportunity for livelihood
- Better communication
- Express opinions and share views
- Usage of technology
- Secure financial transactions
- Support the state economy
- Serve society
- Knowledge propagation
- Social harmony
- Enhance Confidence
- Mind maturity
Due to the above benefits, governments around the world spend huge funds on education.
These grants encourage people to study by providing better universities, scholarships, accommodation, and other allowances.
A person’s valuable childhood is spent on education so that he can live a better life in the future.
Importance of Education in life
Education imparts benefits like
1. Ability to read & write
- Education helps a person to be able to read and write.
- Most of the information can be communicated by writing.
- Hence, education becomes a key to many daily activities.
- It enables to read books, newspapers and signs, and symbols.
- It also helps read signboards in the street, at shops, buses, trains, and air stations.
- It also helps in day-to-day activities like banking, shopping, and money transaction.
- Without primary education, one has to rely on others for all the above basic needs.
2. Benefit underprivileged people
- Education is a boon for underprivileged people.
- Martin Luther King jr. George W Carver and Gandhi could make a social impact because of their education, unlike their fellow community people.
- They earn decently in an honest manner and can sustain it in any part of the world.
- Acquiring the right education becomes an asset to them for life.
3. Opportunity to make a decent livelihood
- Education provides a platform for a decent livelihood.
- One can take up a job in an industry or professional service if he is educated.
- People of middle and lower-income groups can have a better lifestyle through proper education.
- It helps them acquire the technical skills required to land a high pay job.
- STEM courses help pursue professional education courses, including healthcare, engineering, law, etc.
Hence, education can guarantee a better lifestyle.
4. Helps to communicate better
- A good education helps one communicate better.
- A person with better education has refined speech and other ways of communication.
- Even his body language sounds confident and optimistic body language due to his education.
- Without basic education, it would be difficult even to use a smartphone.
- Even if a person moves to a foreign country, he can live by learning that country’s language.
- He can do it with ease as there are books available to learn that language.
It also helps us communicate better by speaking in a proper language like the use of correct grammar, pronunciation, etc.
5. Express views and opinions
- Education acts as a powerful weapon to express opinions in an impactful manner.
- He can communicate with a large audience by writing in newspapers, books, novels, poems, letters, emails, and video recordings.
- Many poets, authors, and journalists are renowned and famous worldwide due to their ability to influence people.
- This ability, though, is an inherent talent, but education enhances their skill.
- One can even communicate professional and personal issues in written form.
6. Use of technology
- Food production, medicine, electronic gadgets, automobiles, and other luxury items were developed due to the spread of science and technology among professionals through studies.
- So, without basic education like up to high school, it would be difficult for one to use gadgets of modern technology.
- Even the use of social networking sites requires minimal basic education. So education helps us use technology in a better way.
7. Safe and secure transactions
- Nowadays, all money-related transactions happen through bank cheques, credit cards, and electronic wire transfers.
- Without education, it would be hard to understand the terms and processes and depend on others. This can give a chance for misuse to others.
- Having education would help one be independent without the need to rely on others and make safer transactions.
8. Support the economy
Education can change the world in terms of the economy.
- The United States received $45 billion in the year 2018 through foreign students coming for higher education from other countries.
- The means of money-making have changed with education.
- It is the primary cause of rising in employment opportunities all over the world.
- Without education, a person can only perform lay jobs using his physical body.
- But due to education, he can work using his brain.
- With the advent of the internet, software and other technology could perform well due to education.
- This makes us generate colossal income and employment opportunities.
- Maybe if people are not educated, these technologies would be of no use to anyone.
So such vast income generation is possible due to educated humans.
- Educated people are inherently more confident than uneducated ones.
- This is because of a few traits like their ability to understand life and happenings better.
- He knows he can earn his livelihood anywhere in the world without being dependent on family or his native state.
10. Mind maturity
- The mind gets matured through proper education and training. A person can judge what is right and what is not.
- Education makes a person independent and helps him abide by the rules of the land.
- It also helps us to improve our discipline, self-control, and even a sense of responsibility.
Proper education of the masses can cut the crime rate and other sorts of social violence.
11. Ability to serve society
- To provide services to such a vast world population, we need many medical and other experts.
- Education also helped in the rise in the number of medical experts, engineers, teachers, etc.
- Through education, it is possible for the governments to generate skilled personnel that leads to better health and improved lifestyle.
Importance of education in society
1. Propagation of knowledge
- Transfer of knowledge from one generation to another or from one country to another is possible through education.
- For example, Newton’s laws first came to the scientific world in 1700.
- These are still taught in schools and colleges through books and teachers.
- These essential laws can be spread to the masses with education.
- Similarly, the history of countries and the world can be explained to the current society. This helps them learn from previous mistakes and experiences.
Thus, education is a crucial method to pass the past knowledge to the people of the present.
2. Improvement of technology
- Advances in medicine, war equipment, and technology were possible due to constant exploration and research.
- This is due to the education and knowledge about past technology.
- Since we knew how the previous methods worked, we could explore more.
- People with higher education in science, mathematics, and technology can do this.
- Even findings and discoveries are published in magazines and journals to reach the masses.
- This spread is possible because the masses are educated.
- Without education, they could not read or understand the technological improvements.
Once followed, they can try for more betterment.
3. Better Social harmony
- Education is a way people of different cultures, religions, and sects come together during schooling, college, etc.
- Thus it helps them understand each other better and stay in mutual harmony. Therefore education can improve social harmony.
- Hence these are the advantages of education that make it essential in modern life.
- If one is not educated, he will face different sorts of problems. See the differences below.
Difference between Uneducated and educated person
|Qualities||Uneducated person||Educated person|
|Confidence||Low confidence in social affairs. Lack of proper education will keep one low in confidence in public affairs.||Due to education, there is a higher level of self-confidence in social affairs.|
|Respect||It is less respected by society. One notices those without education are less respected than those with proper education.||Comparatively well respected.|
|Ease of life||It depends on others to read a signboard or write bank payslips etc.||Doesn’t depend and will be self-reliant on most issues.|
|Learning||Can gain knowledge of things happening around only by hearing.||Gains knowledge of happenings by even reading books, magazines, etc.|
|Growth in life||Very difficult to occupy higher positions in a society like a parliamentarian, civil officer, etc.||If a proper effort is made, there are many chances to occupy higher positions in society.|
|Preferences||In any position, business, or social affairs, the one with a lack of education is less preferred compared to an educated one.||More preferred compared to uneducated one.|
The parents are also eager to educate their children.
The demand for education is so high that there is a reasonable level of business involved in it.
A person’s education starts at school, then goes to college, and ends with a degree or PG.
This enables them to take up some related professional work in the future.
What is the importance of moral education?
Moral education is essential to impart a sense of responsibility to society, the environment, family, and other living beings.
Without morals, there would be violence, abuse, and a lack of respect.