Planning to buy an external hard disk? Then go ahead and buy one because the uses of an external hard disk are well worth in having them.
But while buying be careful to choose a better one from among those available companies.
If you are not tempted to buy one at present still read the uses.
Because you might definitely need one in the future due to the rising popularity of modern gadgets like iPad, iPhone, tablets, laptops, etc.
Further, the demands of more memory space and frequent travels are also high.
Important Uses of external hard disk:
1. Synchronize your data between computers: Synchronizing the data between computers is a smart technique to have the same data format in two or more devices.
“For instance, you have a home computer and also other computers at the workplace or office than the number of files and any modification in the files can be kept constantly updated in between all these devices by using free synchronizing software. But for this, you will need an external memory device like hard disks for the purpose.
2. Back-up important project data: If you are working on an important project using a computer or doing your research like Ph.D. or writing a paper etc, it is safe to have a back up of your entire work on an external hard disk. It is also advisable to write-up a DVD or CD if the data is small.
An external hard disk can also serve to back up your personal computer if the memory of disk is sufficient.
3. Install software for personal use: If you have some software that you like to use on a personal basis at home or at an office computer or at a public place then the external hard disk is a good option.
The tip is to connect the hard disk to the computer where you intend to use the software. Then install the software such that its installation folder lies in the hard disk and not on the computer. Then after installation, you can open the software by clicking the shortcut on the desktop or the start menu. When you disconnect your hard drive, others can’t open the software as the installation folder is in the hard drive with you.
4. Carry data easily: If you are working on computers regularly both at the workplace and home then the data carriage can be easy with the external hard drive. You can avoid carrying the heavy laptops for the purpose. Further, the data transfer rates are very fast unlike flash drives so you can work without inconvenience.
5. Extra memory (Storage of extra data): Nowadays we have a huge amount of data of interest like video/audio files (old & favorite movies, songs), games, software, etc. Though we have personal desktops or laptops with a good amount of memory still the memory seems to be insufficient.
Further many of us started using i-pads, i-phones, tablets due to low weight and ease of carrying. Yet these devices don’t have sufficient memory and hard disks can be handy to serve the purpose as they are also small and compact for easy carry along with them.